- What is Alternative Horsemanship?
- About Sam Harvey- Helping Horses & Humans
- Online Horsemanship Course
- Remote Horse Coaching and Instruction with Samantha Harvey
- Full Immersion Horsemanship Clinics with Samantha Harvey
- Horse and Rider Training with Samantha Harvey
- Client Feedback
- Alternative Horsemanship Hoofprints & Happenings Newsletter
Being present to Improve your Horsemanship
This is such a common theme in how I work to educate folks to be more supportive of the horse.
So much of what dictates the journey in building the equine partnership is based on the openness of the human putting themselves "out there" to just be present. No critique or judgment.
When this happens so much of the potential stress, anxiety, and anticipation diminish. This leads to the person being able to think, make assessments and decisions that support rather than challenge the horse.
Those quality conversations build confidence and trust in bothe the human and horse. This allows each new scenario to be seen as a positive opportunity, rather than an overwhelming unknown.