|Find out more about Alternative Horsemanship|
- What is Alternative Horsemanship?
- About Sam Harvey- Helping Horses & Humans
- Online Horsemanship Course
- Remote Horse Coaching and Instruction with Samantha Harvey
- Full Immersion Horsemanship Clinics with Samantha Harvey
- Horse and Rider Training with Samantha Harvey
- Client Feedback
- Alternative Horsemanship Hoofprints & Happenings Newsletter
Re-Set, Re-assess, Re-Start- Changing our Horsemanship
Did you take the ten minutes to "re-set" your mental and emotional starting place BEFORE you showed up to work or play with your horse?
Are you able to leave stress, work, distraction, past occurrences with your horse behind?
Did you notice any differences in your attitude, energy or intention that could influence your horse in a negative way?
Horses frequently mirror us. If you don't like what you see, perhaps take a few minutes and assess yourself.
Is this something that is easy to do? No.
Do we always like what we see in the mirror? No.
Should we mental beat ourselves up for where we are at? No.
What it does allow is a starting point. Once we learn to have an awareness, then we can begin to change our own intentions, behaviors, and patterns that may not be contributing to the partnership with our horse.