- What is Alternative Horsemanship?
- About Equestrienne and Horse Coach Samantha Harvey
- Horsemanship Clinics
- Remote Horse Coach- Personalized Distance Learning
- The Equine Retreat
- Fearful or Anxious Rider
- Horse Video Courses & Classes
- Alternative Horsemanship Client Testimonials
Whether limited due to work, school, other commitments, weather, etc. I encourage people to spend any and as much Quality Time they can with the horse.
As with everything, there are many interpretations when it comes to the terminology associated with horses. I try to be clear and precise in the words that I'm offering, but there still can be a gray area in the human student's understanding. This often comes from their level of awareness, background, and unintentional anticipation/expectation of their mind "getting ahead" of wherever they are currently at with their horse.
So many people are drawn to constantly want to touch or be close to the horse's muzzle area as it seems to provoke emotions in the human.
I have found one of the easiest ways to assess the horse's current mental, emotional, and physical state is reflected in how he holds his muzzle.
- Are there wrinkles and worry lines above the nostrils or below the bottom lip?
- Are the nostrils flared, is one held larger than the other, are they elongated and narrow, or look like they are inflated?
- How fast is his breathing, when at a standstill? Are his breaths quick and short?
- Is the bottom lip wrinkled up, and held with tension, or soft and hanging?
- Is the area in general quiet and relaxed, or is there a lot of movement in the horse's upper and lower lips?
Have you noticed any patterns or behaviors when working with your horse and what he displays in his muzzle area?
Often when weather conditions and circumstances are out of our control or are not ideal, we tend to shy away from spending time with our horses in order to avoid potential conflict or issues. I find some of the most successful learning situations is when our surroundings are less than ideal.
The Best Teachers
Time with horses can be our greatest learning moments; they reflect our thoughts, emotions, energy, intentions, fears, insecurities, and so much more.
We can learn about our behaviors, habits, patterns, mindset, anticipation, and triggers that may be sabotaging the clarity of communication and limiting the Quality of the Conversation in our equine partnership.
I just read a great quote,
"Those in pursuit if WHY are inspired to do right." SimonSinek
Have you ever considered if your goal and priorities are to do "right" by your horse, or if you are hopeful that he'll do "right" by you?
Save big on the following Alternative Horsemanship with Samantha Harvey the Remote Horse Coach webinars and courses:
*Fifteen For Friday Video Vault with over 60 videos
*Anxious & Returning Rider Series
*Mindful Significance Horsemanship 3-Part Webinar
*Reading the Horse 7-Part Equine Behavior Course
20% off now through Feb 5, 2022
Use Discount Code: HAPPYNEWYEAR
Click this LINK for access to the full video coaching experience unlike any of the "same old," after-the-fact, reactionary horsemanship teaching approaches.
In the past few weeks so many horse people have reached out from all over the world sharing heartfelt (and some gut wrenching) stories of the trials and tribulations of their Horsemanship journey.